Says E: Mom, when are we going to go stay at that fun hotel again?
Mom (drawing a complete blank... is this a real memory?): Umm, I don't know what you mean.
E: You know, the fun hotel with the fun kid toys.
Mom (still confused): Well... not for a long time.
E: Why not?
Mom: Because we can't pay to stay at a hotel.
E: Where did all our money go?
Mom: We gave it to people for other things.
E: Well, then they need to give it back to us.
Mom (thinking that's a great idea): That's not how it works. We traded it for something else, and we don't get it back.
E: When will we get new money?
Mom: Not for a long time because right now Daddy doesn't go to work, he goes to school.
E: Why?
Mom: So he can learn how to work.
E: Did he forget how?
Mom: No, he's learning how to do a new job.
E: So, he went to school before when he used to work too?
Mom: Yes.
E (giggling): That is SO funny.
1 comment:
I just had SUCH A GOOD LAUGH!!!!
ELLIE IS SOOOO FUNNY!
THANKS for "recording" these conversations! I can truly HEAR her little voice....
I MISS IT!!!!
Love,
Grandma Paula
Post a Comment