The main reason that I haven't posted lately is that the weather is horrible and who wants posts about us being cooped up in the house and turning into crazy loons? Well, Friday was nice and we went with a bunch of kids from the ward to see the "Raptor Center." I kept Ellie home from school because I was pretty sure she'd disown me if I didn't take her. We saw owls and eagles and all those other birds classified as raptors. Honestly, I didn't read the signs much, so I don't know much more.
Here are the kids running ahead of us to the raptor center. This is pretty much all I saw of Grant on the trip: a little speck of orange and red running away from me. I kept hoping he wasn't lost in the woods somewhere, and luckily he kept on the beaten path.
Looking out the bird blind. I believe you're supposed to sit quietly until birds come to eat birdseed. A group of our boys ran out of the bird blind and played with the birdseed (Grant included) so that didn't go to well for us. Later the kids used the bird blind as a clubhouse. It worked out better for them that way.
Checking out those birds. I was excited to take Spencer because he's been really interested in animals lately. Well yes, he did love the birds. But it was horrible. Every time I left a cage he would scream horrifically and writhe in my arms. Then when we got to a new one he would grab the mesh and try to get in. He also enjoyed the dead and half-eaten mice. I don't know if we'll go to the zoo anytime soon. He might have a panic attack he'd be so excited.
Grant's favorite part of the day consisted of every kid grabbing a stick and going at each other. This is his dream come true. I wish I would have got a picture of all the mothers watching. Trying to let the kids play, but looking as though they all knew better. It was a pretty hilarious sight. And yes, a child did eventually get whacked in the head.
Spencer continued to be a stinker. He threw his sandwich on the ground and then stole other people's food. I took these pictures of him whining at me.
It was sooooo nice to get out!
No comments:
Post a Comment