This afternoon, I made the most disgusting cake ever.
I kid you not.
I saw the recipe, thought it looked good, and decided to try it.
I actually have a good chocolate cake recipe that Justin loves, but I thought it would be fun. I should have quit while I was ahead.
Instead, I bought the ingredients.
Then I spent the afternoon making it instead of finishing any number of sundry projects around the house.
I knew I was in trouble when, as I tasted each part of the whole, I was revolted.
I did not even want to lick the beaters.
I am not a complete moron, so I read the instructions again to see if I had become one, by mistake.
All seemed fine.
After dinner, E asked for some cake. I warned her it might not taste good, but gave her a slice.
After making a funny face, she remarked: "Well Mom, it looked good."
M's reaction was even more telling.
She opened her mouth and spit it back out on her plate.
Tonight there is an entire cake in my garbage.
Wow.
I have got some major talent.
8 comments:
I just ate the most delicious chocolate cheesecake cupcake ever. Sorry.
You crack me up. I love reading your blog and I'm sorry that I don't always comment but I am always reading it.
HA! Jamie you are hilarious. My first thought was- oh no, I hope it wasn't one of my recipes- "did I submit a cake recipe to the MBASA cookbook?" Now I'm curious- what kind of cake was it? Or do you dare say...
Jamie, I was wondering...maybe you should post the recipe on your blog as a "WARNING" to the rest of us!!!
If the picture looked as good as you say, Ellie thought the cake "looked good" too, and you followed the recipe and it turned out soooo badly that Meg spit it out on her plate...well...we are ALL "AT RISK!"
At LEAST you didn't try it out on a night when you were having guests over! (Which is a KNOWN MAJOR RISK, which I am afraid I am prone to do!)
Paula
PS. I have had your regular chocolate cake and ever since I just read your blog entry about the disaster chocolate cake, I HAVE BEEN CRAVING YOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE (the GOOD one!).
Paula
Hahaha! Don't blame yourself. I know you are capable of making a good cake. :)
I don't want the recipe.
At least you didn't burn the icecream... it could always be worse - there was three of us then and only one of you! Lol... but it is quite disappointing when something so tasty turns out so bad!
Post a Comment