"Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God, But only he who sees takes off his shoes, The rest sit 'round it and pluck blackberries."

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Aurora Leigh

Monday, May 18, 2009

How To Get M to Come Quickly & Notes On Justin

Yesterday afternoon our family went on a walk. We decided not to take the stroller because the girls had a late nap and we wanted them to get tired. Well, let's just say that M was very interested in exploring other people's lawns, toys, flowers, trees, etc. Let's just say we were sure we would never actually get home. Finally Justin and I found the perfect way to keep her from falling too far behind. All we had to do was hold hands. M is pretty certain she should always be in the middle of any group hug/love/holding hands experience. As soon as we took hands with each other and E, M would come running. I mean, how dare we leave her out????

On another amusing note.... earlier in the afternoon our entire house was taking a big power nap. I knew the home teachers were coming so when a knock came at the door, I ran to the bathroom really quickly. I thought Justin understood what was going on, but apparently he was more asleep than I thought. He didn't even know who was at the door. He says he's pretty sure he gave them a funny look when he opened the door - as in, "who the heck are you? and what are you doing at my house?" - and the rest of the visit's conversation went very slowly. Justin just could not keep up. It was so funny to listen to him try to formulate a coherant sentence. Sometimes he would just stop mid-thought and think that he made sense. I just tried not too laugh. If only we could have got that on video!

No comments: