"Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God, But only he who sees takes off his shoes, The rest sit 'round it and pluck blackberries."

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Aurora Leigh

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

.... that if your baby starts to sleep through the night, something sinister is going to happen.

Last week GQ slept through the night three nights in a row. And I'm not talking 5:00 wake-up. I'm talking 7:30 to 8:00.

Since he is the third child, I waited for the inevitable regression.

On the fourth night he caught M's colicky cough.

He now wakes up about every 15 minutes to hack up his 82nd lung and moan a sad moan.

It is very sad.

Both for him...

... and for me.

But honestly, I knew it was coming. I could hardly enjoy the full nights with all the wondering about when they would end.

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oooooh. That makes that sad sounding cough I heard on Tuesday MUCH sadder. Get better FAST G!

Mark & Bek said...

GRANDMA PAULA IS SOOOO SAD ABOUT THAT COUGH!!!

Give Grant loves and hugs from us!

Grandma Paula and Grandpa Mark